Avocado Peach Salad
the avocado is one seriously healthy fruit. Check out all the benefits here .
The above salad utilizes the health benefits of avocados, walnuts, peaches, romaine lettuce, and tomatoes.
1 head of romaine lettuce
5 wedges of canned peach
1 ripe avocado
1 plump tomato
1. Take the romaine lettuce out of the packaging. Cut the very tip off of the head of lettuce – the first half inch at the opposite end of the stem. Then cut through the head, lengthwise, rotate the head 90 degrees and cut lengthwise again. Then cut the head, starting from the end opposite the stem, and cut width-wise, every inch or so.
3. dice up the tomato and open up the can of peaches.
4. toss the walnuts, avocados, tomato, walnuts and peaches together in a bowl with romaine lettuce, and add your favorite lemon vinaigrette. If you’re up for making your own dressing, here’s a quick recipe i whipped up or this salad.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
combine all the ingredients in a bowl or jar, and shake/mix vigorously to incorporate all of the ingredients.